About Sohini LiveWell
SOME OF MY STORY
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
I used to think I’d be an African safari guide or an artist (that one, probably to appease my mother). As far back as I can remember travel, nature, discovery and making food concoctions have always been an essential part of my life. But as I grew up, my purpose was not as clear, but those passions were. So, I began to travel. I moved to Milan, Italy where I stayed with one of the most, influential people of my life, my Nonna. She showed me unconditional love, kindness, compassion and the best way to prepare amazing Italian food.
While in Italy, I went into the fashion industry. I produced fashion shoots for some of the most renowned fashion photographers in the world. I quickly became consumed in that fast-paced life of temptation, while a lot of fun, it also inflated my ego, which caused much internal struggle and destruction.(I later realized that I was moving in the direction of my real life purpose, but that was not self-evident at the time.)
I escaped and moved to the Maldives for a year, an island large enough to walk around in five minutes! I reconnected with nature and myself. I will never forget the first day I jumped into the Indian Ocean, it literally took my breath away. The mesmerizing array of color and life of the underwater world, shook me to my core. So, I had to be a dive master, but after 3 certifications and a short-lived month stay on the Italian Island of Sardegna, I decided it was time to venture off again, back in the fast lane.
I returned to Milan still seeking adventure.
So, I went to skydiving school. I got licensed to jump solo out of airplanes for the rest of the summer. Extremely fun, but deep down I subconsciously I thought, “if I could jump out of airplanes, I would have the courage to face all my fears”. Umm, not quite…
Back to the fast lane.
I started producing television commercials for a production company, for another year, before my life would change forever. This was also one of my lowest points yet. It was in 2005 on my best friend’s couch where my spiritual seed exploded. I was given a book written by Osho, at just the right “divine” timing. (I had known this friend for five years, yet he had never opted to give me one of his books til now, amazing how the universe works this way!). I must of read the first three lines when an overwhelming warm sensation enveloped my entire body – a bizarre excitement arose and something happened to me. You can call this a spiritual awaking – a magical presence, something very real and tangible took place . The cosmic arrow pointing in one direction, pierced through my ego and straight into my heart. Hope shattered my despair, I knew in that very moment, I needed to be around people that read these books! I wanted to LIVE and be one of those people, that I once shunned, “the weirdos that meditated!. I needed to sit!
There was only one option. I quit my job 2 weeks later.
I gave notice and moved to a Community/Meditation Institute in Tuscany. I lived, cooked, and meditated for 1 year. It might be more accurate to say I sat in my own shit, looked inside, and listened. I understood what this (meditation) was all about. It was the medicine I’d been longing for. The much needed remedy, restoring Self-Love.
I flew to India for 5 months where I pursued my spiritual path. I focused on more intensive workshops and trainings that deepened my purpose, soul connection and spiritual practices of Self knowing. I also ate a lot of Indian food that I never got sick of it nor did I get sick, that’s a bonus!
After ten years of living abroad and traveling to over 100 different destinations worldwide, here I am, in Providence, Rhode Island. I overcame and healed my eleven-year eating disorder, a 15 year alcohol and substance abuse problem and a negative disempowering mindset of self hate – without any medications. I used mindfulness and my spiritual growth through the guides and expertise of supportive mentors, retreats and workshops, eastern philosophy, fascinating people, nature, animals, fresh food and overall my willingness to transform.
I learned. I rewired, I felt. I stopped. I empowered. I trusted.
I understood the first night that I sat with myself in Tuscany, I had found meaning, true love – my purpose was clear – I would dedicate my life to helping others find inner peace, create balance and inspiration. I knew the impact of soul recognition, proper diet and lifestyle were the keys to self-love and self-actualization.
That’s some of my story in a nut shell.
I believe in human potential, our innate capacity to release from old patterns, limiting beliefs and conditionings that become detrimental to how we nourish and care for ourselves through; food, time, energy, relationships, money and our careers. Developing a daily routine that works with ancient and contemporary practices, pave the way towards a sustainable and doable healthy life, grounded in self-love, no matter the circumstance. I have been on this path for many years now, having persevered through challenging fires that led me on my own personal crusade for transformation – the road from darkness to light. It takes commitment and courage to move through our old stories but the pay off is living authentically, which means being driven by goodness, self-respect, fierce compassion and all the rest of meaningful virtues that make us shine.
My life is dedicated towards the evolution of humanity by guiding others towards their own inner strengths, gifts and unique ways of self-expression and authentic development. Creator and founder of IGNITE! Mind/Body Detox™, a transformative process that encourages emotional freedom and deep soul connection. Check the Event schedule for upcoming dates.
My educational background includes extensive workshops and trainings throughout the US, India, and Italy. I have studied with world-renowned scholars, yogis and therapists and I am deeply impacted by the teachings of Osho. I’m a 500hr Ayurvedic Yoga Breath-work Specialist, Ayurvedic Practitioner (Kripalu Graduate) and deeply rooted in the multifaceted world of Meditation. As a passionate foodie, organic fresh food is my daily medicine and a source of my creative regime. Looking forward to supporting You towards physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. I offer One-on-one to 3 month programs, workshops and sessions year round throughout the world.
Workshops +3,567 hrs
Ayurveda / Nutrition +2,123 hrs
Yoga +1,235 hrs
Meditation +945 hrs
Training and Credentials
Ayurveda / Nutrition
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition – 760hrs – Certified Holistic Health Coach, 2012-13
• Mind, Mood & Food – 3 day seminar – Kripalu 2013 – Optimal nutrition for the brain
• Women, Food and God: Geneen Roth – 3 day – Kripalu 2013 – Emotional / compulsive food workshop
• Conscious Eating with Sagra Priya – 5 day workshop, Italy – 2007
• Anne Douglas – iRest Yoga Nidra Level One Training – Sept 18-23, 2016 – Kripalu
• Yoganand Michael Carroll – Mystical Path of Yoga – Dec 25-27, 2016 – Kripalu
• Yoganand, Larissa Hall Carlson– YTT 300hr – Advanced Pranayama & Asana – 2015 – Kripalu
• Larissa Hall Carlson, Balarama Chandra Das, Dr. Douillard, – YTT 300hr – Integrating Ayurveda & Yoga – 2015 – Kripalu
• Shiva Rea – Vinyasa and Meditation – All That Matters – 2015
• David Wallace – Yamas & Niyamas Workshop – All That Matters – 2015
• Jurian Hughes – Voice of Truth Workshop – All That Matters -2015
• Kripalu School of Yoga – 200hrs – 2014
• Meditation Camp Assistant – Italy – 2006
• AUM Intensive by Veeresh – India
• Sufi Meditation – India/Italy
• Nataraj Meditation – India/Italy
• Mandala Mediation – India/Italy
• Hara Stop Meditation – India/Italy
• Zen Walking – India/Italy
• Dynamic Meditation – (21 day consecutive) – India/Italy
• Kundalini Meditation – India/Italy
• Laughing Meditation – India/Italy
• No Dimensions Meditation – India/Italy
• Vipassana meditation – India/Italy
• Balancing of the Chakras with Prashantam – Italy, 2006
• Re-birthing sessions – 2006– Italy
• Relationship therapy with Krishnananda – Italy, 2006
• Meditation Dance therapy – India/Italy, 2006
• Reiki- Certified First Degree – India – 2006
• Lincoln Technical Institute – 720hrs – Massage Therapy Degree – RI- 2008
– 20hrs Sports massage and Cryotherapy course
• Ayurveda Bodywork Training- Kripalu– 2014
– 27.5hrs Vishesh, Shirodhara & Shiro-Abhyanga-Nasya
– 10.5hrs Marma Point Therapy
Intensive Retreats / Workshops
• Shamanic Retreat Amazon Jungle – Peru, Aug 31 – Sept 16, 2012
• Primal Deconditioning Therapy – Puja (8 day intensive retreat) – India
• Sexual Deconditioning Therapy – Puja (8 day intensive retreat) – India
• Humaniversity Change Agent with Deva Gheet and Veeresh (5 day intensive) – India
– flushing technique therapy by Don Casriel
– creative writing therapy
– psychodrama therapy
– encounter therapy
• Past Lives Group (6 day
• Sweat-lodge – Italy/Switzerland – 2005– Italy
• Art/Meditation Painting with Meera (3 day)
Field Related Experiences
December 2006 – April 2007.
• Translator / Group Assistant / Osho Meditation Resort Pune, India
– March 2006 – October 2006.
• Assistant Cook / Osho Miasto Meditation Institute, Tuscany, Italy
– October 2005 – March 2006.
• President – Organic Baker + Fusion cook / MIMI Light Food Productions Milan, Italy