- This event has passed.
INTRO AYURVEDA: What’s Your Dosha?
September 30, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Join Sohini Livewell, 500hr Kripalu Yoga Specialist and Ayurvedic Health Consultant, to learn about the ancient practices and wisdom of Ayurveda, the oldest medical health care system in the world known as yoga’s “sister science.”
Explore the foundational principles of Ayurveda, as well as the three primary mind-body “doshas” or personalities: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Through an in-depth questionnaire and personal inquiry with Sohini, discover your dosha type, and how that knowledge can guide your diet and lifestyle decisions and pave the way towards physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. Gain a better understanding of those around you, which helps to develop compassion and stronger relationships.
In this 3 hour Introductory workshop, discover:
- Your body’s natural needs during each season of the year and how to stay healthy and balanced in mind and body.
- The characteristics and idiosyncrasies that make every person unique according to their dosha.
- How to balance and treat imbalances through diet and lifestyle.
- How Ayurvedic medicine focuses on all areas of health, including diet, lifestyle, exercise, detoxification, sleep, and the mind.
- How the practices and principles of Ayurveda are inseparable to the ancient system of Yoga and how true health is a combination of both.
Leave inspired towards creating healthier changes in your daily diet and lifestyle practices with some easy to incorporate basic Ayurvedic practices.
Open to everyone.
Sun, Sep 30, 2-5pm
- September 30, 2018
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- All That Matters South Kingstown
315 Main st
South Kingstown, 02879 United States + Google Map